Only a matter of time before he ends up under the bus.
(The Hill) — White House press secretary Jay Carney declined to comment Wednesday on the scandal surrounding Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.).
“We have no comment on that story,” Carney said at the White House press briefing.
It was the first time the White House aide has addressed the media since Weiner admitted on Monday sending a lewd tweet to a college student, as well as had “inappropriate” correspondences with six women over the Internet over the last three years.
Since then, former Democratic National Committee chairman and Virginia Senate candidate Tim Kaine has said that Weiner should resign. President Obama seriously considered Kaine to be his running mate in 2008. A number of Republicans have also said Weiner should resign.