Not defensible.

CHICAGO (WLS) — The man accused of sexually assaulting a 3-year-old girl inside a bathroom of McDonald’s flagship restaurant in River North had previously been deported, the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency said. Chicago officials responded Friday, standing by their decision not to cooperate with ICE on immigration-related business.

Christopher Puente, 34, of Chicago, is currently being held without bail after being charged with predatory criminal sexual assault in connection with an alleged attack on a child in the former Rock N Roll McDonald’s on Clark Street earlier this month.

ICE said in a news release Thursday Puente was placed into Chicago police custody in June of 2019 after he was arrested for theft. According to ICE, Chicago police were expected to hold Puente until he could be taken into their custody, as Puente was expected to be deported.

However, at some point Puente was released prior to the alleged incident at the River North McDonald’s, ICE said.

Keep reading…

98 Shares