Via WJLA:

For 58 years, Catherine Ritchie has lived in the same home in Sapulpa — until three weeks ago.

“I was getting ready for bed in the bathroom, and I turned around, and my bed, the head of my bed, was covered in flames,” Ritchie described.

That’s where her heroes come in.

“We were just sitting around looking for something to do,” said 17-year-old Wyatt Hall.

“We were actually fixing to leave … We were fixing to go to QT to get something to drink,” said 16-year-old Seth Byrd.

The four boys, 14 to 17 years old, went outside, and the first thing they noticed was the smell.

“It smelled kind of like burning rubber. Then, we heard the house alarm go off,” said 16-year-old Dylan Wick.

Inside, Ritchie was trying to put the fire out before she gave up, calling 911 and hitting her emergency call button.

But, then came another problem.

“The smoke was so bad, I couldn’t see to get out of my room,” she said. “I felt along the wall, and I went into the closet instead of the door to get out of the room. I finally did get to the door.”

Keep reading…

19 Shares