All of our favorite leftist groups will be there, the SEIU, NAACP, La Raza, Center for American Progress, AFL-CIO etc.
Via Weekly Standard:
Today at the White House, President Barack Obama will bring in “progressive and labor leaders” for an immigration discussion. He’ll also be meeting with “business leaders” to discuss the same topic.
“In the afternoon, the President will continue his dialogue with outside leaders on a number of issues – including immigration reform and how it fits into his broader economic agenda, and his efforts to achieve balanced deficit reduction. The President will host two separate meetings at the White House, one with progressive and labor leaders and the other with business leaders. These meetings in the Roosevelt Room are closed press,” the president’s White House schedule reads.
Here is list of expected attendees for the “progressive and labor leaders” discussion, as provided by the White House:
- Deepak Bhargava, Center for Community Change
- Marshall Fitz, Center for American Progress
- Wade Henderson, Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Marielena Hincapie, National Immigration Law Center
- Deepa Iyer, NCAPA/SAALT
- Ben Jealous, NAACP
- Cristina Jimenez, United We Dream
- Eliseo Medina, SEIU
- Mee Moua, Asian American Justice Center
- Janet Murguia, National Council of la Raza
- Ali Noorani, National Immigration Forum
- Arturo Rodriguez, United Farm Workers
- Frank Sharry, America’s Voice
- Rachel Tiven, Immigration Equality
- Gustavo Torres, Casa de Maryland
- Richard Trumka, AFL-CIO